This course is an introduction to self-reliant diving and helps you to develop the skills, knowledge and techniques necessary to rely on yourself first, whether or not you are diving with a partner, including:
• The value and application of the buddy system.
• The philosophy of, and motivation for, diving without a partner.
• Potential risks of diving alone, and how to manage those risks.
• The value of equipment redundancy and what back-up equipment is needed.
• Dive planning and gas management.